Facebook 101 and other Social Media Facts
Are you using social media effectively? Do you have a Facebook page set up for your business or are you just using your friend/profile site for your business? How are you using social media as a business tool?
These are some great questions that you must ask yourself if you are promoting your business online and even if you have a brick and mortar business, it is essential that you are using all of the tools at your fingertips to create customer awareness including social media.
Using Social Media effectively will help you:
• Create a connection with your market by showing them your business personality
• Create authenticity and transparency with your market through posting and responding to posts and customer inquiries
• Create customer loyalty by creating a fan base and an easy way for them to follow what you are doing
• Promote your business to many more people than you could reach by direct mail or traditional advertising such as radio, TV and magazine/newspaper print
• Create a great platform to share your business values and philosophies which help with customer loyalty and retention
• And so much more…
Here are some facts about Facebook and other Social Media to inspire you to learn how to use it effectively. Most of these came from the February issue of Success Magazine and some are from internet search sites.
• 51% of Americans over the age of 12 have a profile on Facebook
• Twitter lags behind Facebook at only 8%
• 46 million Americans check their social media sites and services several times a day
• One in four social network users knowingly follow brands, products or services on social networks
• Among those who do follow brands, products or companies on social networks, 80% indicate that Facebook is the network they use the most to connect with companies
• Nearly 25% of social network users say that Facebook is the site that most influences their buying decisions.
• On Facebook, articles posted on Saturday are shared the most, Sunday comes in second
• Articles posted at 8:00am get the most shares (I am assuming this is ET), followed by 6:00pm
• There is a noticeable dip in shares during dinner-time as well as between midnight and 6:00am
• Posting every other day gets the best results in shared contend and fan retention
• When businesses were asked what their most effective marketing strategy was last year, 32% said E-mail, 28% Facebook page, 18% other, 11% Twitter updates, 11% direct mail.
• 82% of the world’s online population is determined to be reached by social networking sites, representing 1.2 billion users around the world and I believe this is even higher now.
• Females account for 62% of all Facebook page views
• On LinkdedIn and Wikia, men are more likely to log on than females each day
• 23% Of All Time Spent Online Happens on Social Networks and Blogs
• Social Networking Sites Reach 60% Of Global Internet Users or more
Pretty awesome facts, right? Does it inspire you to up level the way you are using social media?
I would love your feedback on what you are doing on social media to promote your business and where you need additional support. Please fill out this short 4 question survey. It will only take a few minutes of your time and I appreciated how valuable you time is and honor you for lending me just a few minutes.